PetroWrap AntiCorrosion tape has been developed for a long term protection of metal pipe surfaces that are underground, underwater, or exposed even in the most severe environments.
What are the advantages of a Spreader Bar?
The PetroWrap® Anti-Corrosion System has been developed for long term protection of metal surfaces that are underground, underwater, or exposed – even in the most severe environments. It consists of a cold applied system of petrolatum-based PetroWrap® Anti-Corrosion Tape, PetroWrap® Primer, and, where contouring is necessary, PetroWrap® Mastic. PetroWrap® adheres to surfaces without heating, even on damp and/or indifferently prepared areas.
PetroWrap® Anti-Corrosion Tape Systems provide a superior way to protect your deck equipment, hydraulics, steel pipes, flanges, valves, marine pilings and structures, or any other equipment, from the effects of corrosion. Composed mainly of petrolatum and specific anti-corrosion agents, PetroWrap® Tape Products are formulated to provide economical long-term protection from water, salt, alkalis, and acids and require no maintenance.
PetroWrap® are made from non-woven stitch-bonded synthetic fabric, fully impregnated and coated with neutral petrolatum-based compounds and inert fillers. All tapes are chemically inert and do not polymerize or oxidize. Therefore it retains water resistance and dielectric properties over an indefinite period. It is free of chemical impurities.
The PetroWrap® Anti-Corrosion System:
- PetroWrap® Primer Paste is a preparatory primer that displaces moisture, pacifies oxides, and fills small irregularities that occur on the surface to be wrapped with PetroWrap® Anti-Corrosion Tape. It is chemical resistant, impervious to water and will not crack, dry, or harden. PetroWrap Primer Paste can be applied with either a brush or gloved hand, at a temperature range between: -5° C to 45° C.
- PetroWrap® Mastic is a cold applied filler which profiles areas to be tape wrapped by easing contours on pipe joints, flanges, bolts, and other irregular shapes to be wrapped with PetroWrap® Anti-Corrosion Tape. PetroWrap Mastic consists of saturated neutral petrolatum based compounds, reinforcing compounds and will not harden even in severe climactic conditions. The application temperature range is between -5° C to 45° C.
- PetroWrap® Anti-Corrosion Tape consists of a non-woven, stitch bonded, synthetic fabric which has been fully impregnated with neutral petrolatum based compounds and inert fillers.
- PetroWrap® Overwrap is a 12 mm, tough adhesive tape, designed as added protection for the PetroWrap® System when physical contact with the system is likely.
Typical applications for PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion System:
- Steel pipes, flanges and valves
- Welded pipe joints
- Cooling tower piping
- Pipeline crossings
- Tank bases
- Waterproofing & Sealing
- Fire protection
- Pipe & Sprinkler systems
- Electrical connection boxes
- Cable splices
- Hydraulic pipes, valves & fittings
- Marine pilings
- Remove all contaminants such as dirt, oil, scale and excessive moisture.
- Brush Petrowrap® Primer (A) evenly over surface to displace remaining moisture and ensure proper adhesion.
- Press Petrowrap® Mastic (B) into surface irregularities to eliminate air pockets.
- Wrap Petrowrap® Tape (C) spirally around prepared surface using even tension. An overlap of 55% is recommended to assure total protection.
- Finish with Petrowrap® Overwrap (D) applied like Petrowrap® Tape to prevent mechanical damage as required.
Prices start at $15.00 each for the 2 inch roll. Call for Bulk Pricing and prices on other sizes and related products.